*looks under couch cushion* *stares* Holy cow, I have a blog.
John Boden tagged me for this A MILLION YEARS AGO and now, at last, I actually have something to talk about.
1. What is the working title of your next book?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
megengelhardt and I looked at each other and said, “Geez, we’ve sold a lot of fairy tale retellings. Let’s put ’em together and see how many. Hey! That’s, like, enough for a book.”
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Fantasy, I guess? I feel like darkish fairy-tale retellings are their own subgenre.
4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Cast of dozens!
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
I think the official line is: “In Wolves and Witches, sisters Amanda C. Davis and Megan Engelhardt weave sixteen stories and poems out of familiar fairy tales, letting them show their teeth.”
I have been describing it as: “We did a thing!”
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Neither; it was placed at World Weaver Press without an agent.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
The stories in this book were written between 2009 and 2012. We tinkered for quite a few months adding new things as we made new sales and got the rights released. I think we started talking about it in the middle of 2010 and finalized it toward the end of 2012. The release date is February 19.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Any of the darkish fairytale retellings. Several of these pieces started out in Enchanted Conversation.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
We love fairy tales and dark stories, and it sure didn’t hurt to see calls for submission for that kind of thing time and again.
10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
If you buy a copy, our grandma says she’ll sign it for you.